Thursday, October 19, 2006



Time to Blog

Ok we are back from our trip and it is time to blog. We had a great time, but it is nice to be home again as well. We left here at 6pm for our wonderful 9 hour plane ride. The trip went pretty well because the kids slept most of the time, and they gave us the bulkhead so we had extra leg room. In fact at one point we made Corben a bed on the floor and slept quite comfortably. Poor Londyn however was suffering from an ear infection and had trouble getting comfortable. I mean in her defense it is hard to get comfortable when you are sticking your finger half way down your ear to stop the pain. Poor thing! Anyway we finally arrived at 8am the next morning in Texas. We went home had a big breakfast followed by a big nap! My first full day back in Texas I hit my favorite place. Canton First Monday! It is a huge flea market! I mean huge! It would take a whole week of 10 hour shopping days to cover the whole thing. It has furniture and houseware, and pets, and jewelry and purses and everything else you can possibly imagine you will find at Canton! I hit the jackpot. I always hit the jackpot at Canton. I think it would be impossible not to. I got some tin ceiling tiles, wooden dough bowls, two large rod iron wall hangings, a crystal bracelet for Londyn, a make up case, a serving tray, replaced the fiestawar cup I broke, can a new cart to drag all my stuff around in. What fun!
The next day we got up early and drove to Wichita Falls TX which is where we were stationed before we moved here. We got to see all our old friends and it was so great! We stayed my friend L's house and it was so great to get all our kids together again. We stayed up every night till the wee hours talking about anything and everything just like in the old days! We also had a girls night at On The Border that night which was so much fun. The watermelon margarita was also a real treat. The next day we went to church at out old church and the lunch at Ben's old favorite The Olive Garden. Following that I dragged him over to my other friends house where all the women from my old play group got together with all our kids and had a play date. Ben was the only guy there and got to listen to all us hens gab all day! I am sure he loved it. Here are some pics from our time in WF.





After our time in WF we went on to Dallas where we had plans to meet fellow blogger Allison at our kids favorite restaurant. This was our first time to meet each other outside of cyber space! I of course had to try on 5 different outfits, all of which accentuated all my fat rolls. I finally decided on one that made me look a little less fat and headed out. Allison of course is as beautiful and as sweet as she is on her blog. I felt like I had know her forever since I am always keeping up with her life online. In person we found out we had even more in common then we though. She is the me I would be if I did not have kids. We met at the magic Time machine which is a fun restaurant where all the wait staff dresses and acts in character. We had Willy Wonka and he did his part to a tea! The kids loved it! We also had magicians and balloon makers come to our table and put on a show for us.....For a price of course. After the Magic Time machine, Ben took the kids home and Allison and I went to a local bar/restaurant for a couple of martinis. We spent hours talking and telling stories. It was so fun to meet her, and I hope we can do it again one day. Jeff you are probably having an anxiety attack right now just reading this but it went fine and she was not a crazy serial killer or anything. Get a paper bag and take a few breaths!!!

The next day we had a quick pit stop at Sam Moon for some new jewelry and then headed back to Ben's parents house. Another highlight of our trip was meeting Wendy, my new sister-in-law to be, and let me just say I approve!!! We went shopping together and picked out all the same shirts so this girl has style and good taste, what's not to love. No really she is a really sweet girl and I am excited for her to join our family. My very talented 15 year old niece is a photographer and we spent a day taking pictures in her studio. When I say a day I mean a day, like the whole day! We took over a thousand pictures!! Here are a few of my favorites!

Like I said just a few of my favorites!! Ha ha! These are all pre-edited but I just could not wait to get them up. We then headed from there to the pumpkin patch where we took a few more pics. This was the first time to try out my new camera. Oh by the way I got a new camera! More on that later!

Also check out this link to see some amazing things my niece did with Camryn and photoshop!

www.bbmediapro.com/camryn

Amazing!

Anyway those are the highlights from our trip. The day after I got back I shot my very first wedding. (hence the new camera) If I was going to do a wedding I needed to buy a more professional camera. I got the Canon Mark II and let me just say it is amazing! And for the $5000 sticker price it better be! I am planning on taking my photo business to the next level with some advertising and a few more courses!

Since we have been back we have been busy with photo shoots, school, cheerleading, girl scouts, church and the list goes on and on. Oh and how can we forget the lovely earthquake that rattled our bed early last Sunday! Ben was just excited to have our bed rattle again. (He will take what he can get these days!) There was no damage for us other then the 13 hours with no power. I don't know what we ever did before TV and internet. Ben of course got called into work so it was me and 4 very rambunctious monkeys, trying to get through the day. At 7pm we all loaded into our van and watched a movie while sitting in the driveway! Thankfully the lights came on just in time for desperate housewives!

Well I am getting tired of blogging now. Hope this will hold you over for awhile!

10 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great Holiday and great for us to have you blogging again. I have to say those pictures are amazing you guys are the Best Looking Family EVER.
I loved the photoshopped pic of Camryn that your niece did. Photoshop is now offically on my Christmas Wish List. Watching the movie in the van must have felt like a miniture Drive In remember those? Glad to hear that you guys only lost power from the earthquake we were wondering how you were doing.

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooo jealous that you got to go back to TEXAS! Do you have any idea how long I've been trying to get back there?! :oP No, we still haven't heard anything about our whole "situation". Anyway, I'm glad you're home now, and I'm sorry I haven't called you back yet. I've been having a time here with this constant sinus headache (the worst I've ever had!), super-stuffy nose, and home schooling thing. UGGHH!
Oh, I'll give you an update on my pregnancy. I'm now 16 weeks, still due on April 9th (probably more like March 25th), and I'm scheduled for my level-2 ultrasound on Nov. 8th. I'm so excited to finally find out what we're having! So, that's my update. I know this is long, but my blog site was deleted since I was w/out my computer for so long. I'll call you soon...we still need to get together!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

SO glad you are back. I was wondering if you had given up blogging, or more recently, if the earthquake got you. The pictures are great(as usual). Wish we could have sen you when you were here.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

so happy to hear from you! Your posts are the cutest ever!

So that has to be a typo... your niece is 15? Those pictures are amazing! Holy Cow! You guys are all so photogenic and have to be the most adorable and beautiful family ever! I love all the pictures. And your new camera ROCKS!!!! I can't wait to see some more pictures you take.

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the brown in the pics - awesome - how fun!!

Love the new camera - so jealous!

Kelly

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger L said...

Those pictures are so adorable! Your niece really is talented . . I can't believe she's only 15!

I've been to Sam Moon - in fact, that's the only thing I've ever done in Dallas.

I'm so glad you blogged again. I was dying for an update. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. And it's so great that you and Allison met. I hope I can meet more bloggers someday.

 
At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Guys!!! Glad you had a good trip. And glad the earthquake didn't hurt you>>> The pictures are beautiful...yes your niece is talented. I can"t hardly wait to see all you guys... I'm so excited Love Aunt Agnesxxx000

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger my life is brilliant said...

Those pictures are seriously amazing. I love some of the ones you took, too. Your kids are so adorable!

I didn't know you wanted to be a photographer! That's what I'd love to do, too. It would be so wonderful to have my own studio or something.

I'm glad you had fun in Texas. I always drove through Canton to see K, but I never stopped. Maybe I'll have to next time.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Courtney said...

I REALLY REALLY like the one of your whole family standing in jeans and white t-shirts. TOO CUTE!!!

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

I WANT THAT CAMERA! You are doing exactly what I dream about doing. You have such a great opportunity - enjoy it!

Love the photos of your family. We gotta do that too but I just don't want to do it till my baby is born and I've shed the pounds I'd like to feel pretty. You seem to be looking and doing just awesome!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home