Tuesday, August 01, 2006



The Who What When Where and Why

Ok just so everyone will stop bugging me I am going to update my blog. But don't say you didn't ask for it when you have to read the world's longest blog entry. I guess I will start form the beginning.
I left for Canada the evening of July 4th. I ended up having to miss the fire works in order to get to the airport on time which was the whole reason I made my flight leave the night of the fourth in the first place. Of course like any good diva I way over packed, however like any good diva would not, I had no one to carry everything but myself. So picture this..... Here I am with 1 baby, 1 stroller, 1diaper bag, 1 purse, 1 carry on box of fresh Hawaiian pineapple, 1 small suit case,1 back pack camera bag, and 1 car seat, and this was just the stuff I was bringing on the plane with me. Then I had 4 suit cases that were as big as regulation aloud, and as heavy as regulation aloud.(50 lbs each) that I had checked. So on my flight there I had to switch planes FOUR times! SO that means every time I got off the plane I had to carry 1 baby, 1 stroller, 1diaper bag, 1 purse, 1 carry on box of fresh Hawaiian pineapple, 1 small suit case,1 back pack camera bag, and 1 car seat. So I managed a little system, but even at best I was always 2 feet wider then the little 12 inch isle through the plane. SO I tried to push my way through each seat, trying to straddle the car seat with 17 pound baby inside with one arm. Every time I popped through a seat the car seat banged against my leg. By the time I got to Calgary I had huge bruises running all the way up my thigh. Can you believe this whole time not one person offered to help me??? Not even the airline stewardess....Is that not their job?? Anyway I finally made it after 22 hours of straight travel. My brother picked me up from the airport and the very first thing I did was bought a good ole super sized Canadian mixture Slurpee! Ahhh! 40 oz of sweet sugary goodness in a cup! For all you American readers, yes we have Slurpees in the USA (usually at 7-eleven) But they are not the ones they have in Canada. Same cup, same store, way different slurpee. Trust me I know I once drove to every gas station in North Dakota looking for my beloved slurpee, but could never find one. The next purchase was my old time favorite Ketchup chips. I put ketchup one EVERYTHING, so can you imagine my excitement when I could eat it on a chip???!!! Once I got all my cravings out of the way we drove to his house and I got to meet precious little Abby for the first time. Patty ended up having a c-section because little Abby was not so little. At 9 lbs 4 oz she got herself stuck in the birth canal. She was cuter then I could have imagined and it was so great fulfilling my dose of baby fever.


Londyn had lots of fun with her new baby cousin too, and she loved having someone smaller then her around.
We also got to spend a day in Banff, which was great because I have never been there before. I had been to the Colorado Rockies but never the Canadian ones. It was beautiful! My mother has this weird fear of heights and mountains, so we told her we were going somewhere completely different and then when she ended up in the mountains she had no choice but to enjoy the ride or take a very long walk home. In the end she was glad we kidnapped her because we had a great time, got some great pics, and saw some great sites. Here are a few pics from that day.





After 10 days in Alberta It was time for the next leg of my journey. I was flying out the night of the 14th, which also happened to be my birthday! It was the 10th anniversary of my 21st birthday. So Patty and I with two babies in tow headed to spend the day in Calgary before I flew out. Well we ment to spend the day but due to the fact that I am never on time for anything and she is still figuring out how things work with a new baby we finally made it to Calgary a few hours behind schedule. Our first stop was the big mall. We went for lunch at a great restaurant called Joey's Tomato. The food was great and the Martinis were even better. Yes it was only lunch time, and yes we had two infants with us, but it was my birthday. (insert whine)
So after a great lunch and a small buzz we went shopping. Well I should say I went shopping. Patty is not much of a shopper so she hung out and breast fed most of the time and I tried to run through as many stores as I could in one hour. I could have spent a week in that mall but I only had an hour so I covered what I could at marathon speed. The next stop before my departure was the one I had been waiting for....IKEA!!! By the time we made it there ( more breast feeding and dirty diapers ect) I only had again one hour before I had to leave for the airport. Are you hearing this. Large Ikea....One hour. You might think this would be an impossible feat, but when it comes to shopping nothing is impossible. I did it! I covered the whole store, with 15 minutes to spare. I got a new duvet cover for my bed, new curtains for my living room, pot scrubber, 2 alarm clocks for the girls, a french press coffee maker for Ben, a cutting board to match my kitchen, and even picked up stuff for a friend from a list she had given me. Am I good or what. Here is a pic of my new curtains that just totally completed my living room. F-A-B-U-L-U-S-S!!!!


So I get to the airport and I go to check in the women behind the desk tells me I am late. Late no way my plane leaves at 10:15. No mame it leaves at 9:50. I don't think you are going to make it. Well I have company coming for dinner in 10 minutes so that is it for now. Tune into tomorrow to find out more. Does Alyssa make her plane. Will she fit all her new purchases into her suit case. Will there be more shopping to come? Did her shirt match her shoes?

8 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear the rest of the story.....

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do those people know that it has almost been a month since your last confession OOh I mean Blog...
LOL

 
At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart Ikea. Do you know we're getting one here FIFTEEN MINUTES FROM WHERE I LIVE?!?! Sorry. I was so excited I had to shout that. :) Love your new curtains and all the pics! Can't wait to hear the rest!

 
At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you serious? You are going to leave us hanging? Well I'll tell you one thing.... IT BETTER NOT BE ANOTHER MONTH BEFORE YOU BLOG AGAIN! I saw you days after this stage of your trip and I'm still dying to hear the rest of the story! And IKEA? you didn't tell me about IKEA! Time is ticking, we're all waiting to hear the rest of this drama!
Love Tannis

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You crack me up, girlie! That was ALMOST worth waiting a month for... ALMOST!! Hee!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger L said...

Finally a post! What a fun update! Only the truly gifted can shop like that. (So glad I'm one of the truly gifted :) Looking forward to hearing more!

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and very belated very Happy Birthday to you girlie!! You look like you're 21st was a day ago. Okay, seriously your 24th but still. Do you know yours is the day after mine? I swear, I think you, Allison, GFF and I are slated to be. Birthdays all in the same month? When does that ever happen?! I'm glad you had such a wonderful one!!

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

Yea, your back and posting. I've been checking. I'm glad you had a great time. How did you ever survive all those flights with all that luggage. You are superwoman! I guess I take slurpees for granted out here. I like it that there are things Canada has that make coming here a joy. I'm sure you are glad to be back home safe and sound!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home