Thursday, November 04, 2004



In case you were wondering

Well folks....Yesterday was Wednesday and I am happy to announce that we were on time (even a bit early) to pick up Addison from school on her early day!! Yes thanks you, thank you, really you can stop applauding now, really, I'm blushing, stop!
To flabbergast you even more, get this........I, Alyssa Turner spent the day shopping with my mom and did not purchase one thing! Wow, now that is one to write down in the record books!
My husband will be well pleased with me. Just a little note to all you book readers, there is a series of books written by an English author by the name of Sophie Kinsella called "Confessions of a shopaholic! " They are so fun and awesome to read. There are 4 books in the series. Very Bridget Jones diary type humor. There is also a separate book called "Can You Keep A Secret" that had me laughing out loud. If I was Oprah I would have it as one of my must reads in my book club! Anyway there is your little piece of Alyssa Turner wisdom for today. Have a good one!

4 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Alyssa,

I found your site through your comment at Lee's site. I read a bit of your writing. You are funny!! I love the story of the date and the fact that the kids were not hanging on your ankles. I can totally relate. Visit my site sometime if you like. www.wwjblog.blogspot.com

I am a mother who has little ankle bracelets called kids too!

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Well put, Alyssa. I remember learning that when I was much youger...the "sin is a si". It seems now adays people have made up degrees of sin, and I believe this new view of sin has been played upon heavily in the political arena...and sadly, it's working quite well.

You seem to be a very nice person with a good heart. Refreshing.

Take care,

Jason

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Hi again..with me posting so much you'll think I'm stalking you. ;) Thanks a lot for your kind words. It's nice to know someone is reading my entries. I would really like to turn these blogs into something more some day. I feel I have a story to tell...that no matter what life throws at you; you have to hold on to hope.
It is true I tend to box the ears of Christians a bit in my writing, but it is only because the loud ones seem to judge so much. I believe Jesus was an amazing teacher and if people would just actually listen to what he had to say the world would be a much better place.

It's the quiet Christians, going about their lives peacefully, doing what they can for their families and neighbors...these are the ones that lack the recognition, and yet follow Jesus much closer. I have nothing against the Christian faith...just how it has been manipulated for others' gain.

Finally (yes, finally!) I don't have a "hardened heart," I'm a bit broke down inside, that I will not deny, but I still have faith in people. I'm just trying to make sense of it all...like we all are.

Take care, and thanks again for your comments.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Hello Alyssa,

Just wanted to wish you a happy holiday. Hope you and your family have a wonderful new year. Take care, and thank you for your kind words.

Jason

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home