Monday, October 11, 2004



Calgone Take Me Away

I am having one of those Calgone take me away days. It is a holiday here so all the kids are home from school and Ben had his first all day training session at the restaurant. So I decided to take the kids to the beach today to burn some energy. So at the beach they fought b/c one push another in the water, Then we had the usual she has the sand bucket that I want argument, followed by 20 I'm thirsty, I'm hungry's, and Corben being cranky and well past nap time. So I tried to tune it all out by concentrating on the beautiful scenery....When I over heard a new fight developing over, get this....Touching each others sand! That's it! I lost it! "Look around! Do you see all this sand on the beach? You are surrounded by sand and you guys are fighting over it? GET IN THE CAR WE ARE GOING HOME!" So after a long lecture in the car on the way home I tell them they are going striate to the bath, putting their pj's on and going in their rooms for a quite time. As I tell myself.....Only a few more minutes and I can have some peace and quite. So they are all clean and Corben is down for his long awaited nap, Ben calls. I should say, Ben calls again. The first time he called to say that he would be two hours late. This next call was two hours later to say that his tire was flat and he needed me to drive downtown and pick him up. AGHHHHHHHHHHHH! So I wake Corben up from his nap, haul all the kids and myself in our pajama's into the car to pick him up, and come home to cook dinner, do laundry, mop the floors where Corben thought it would be fun to throw his lasagna, help my husband change his tire, and make an appointment to get that fitting for my stray jacket I am going to be needing. A mothers job is never done. One of those things where you work 24 hours a day 7 days a week, with no pay and little appreciation. Not that I am complaining.......After all they are really cute when they are sleeping.

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of motherhood.Just appreciate all these special days for soon they will be gone and you will die to hear just one more "sand arguement" soon the arguements will be who gets to drive the car and who stole who's boyfriend so be prepared the arguements will be much different soon.Your son will be pitching balls through your windows instead of lasagna on the floor.Enjoy each and every moment because they are all special even if you dont think so now!!!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home