Saturday, July 19, 2008



Spoiled little birthday girl

I love birthdays! Well my birthday in paticular! I start letting people know that my birthday is coming up at least a month before the date arrives so that everyone has their calanders marked. I thought this year was going to be really disappointing since all my birthday money had already been alotted to my new Coach purse, but I must have forgot that I have the best husband ever! I went from disappointment to total estatic in 5.2 seconds.

About a week before my birthday Addison interviewed me on my favorite singer growing up, my favorite colors ect. I thought she was just playing one of her games but it turns out she took all this information and planned a special birthday surprise. I told her that I used to love Madonna and spent hours preforming "Material Girl" into a brush in my bedroom. Well Addison spent the week researching Madonna, downloading Material girl and Vogue, and learning all the words. She had Ben print out tickets in my two favorite colors and I gave me VIP seating to her concert. She picked out the prefect outfit and even rocked out the 80's hair it was the cutest thing ever!

It didn't end there though. Ben gave me a certificate that said be ready at 12 noon because a limo will be here to pick you up and take you to a 4 hour spa session. I think this is when the estatic came in. I have never had a full spa day in my life. I was jumping for joy....litterally. I got a 60 minute massage, a 60 minute facial, and a 90 minute pedicure and manicure. It also included a nice relaxing lunch. I think it reached up there with one of the best days of my life. It was so increadibly relaxing. I did have Ben cancel the limo though. Although something like that would be right up my alley it was a little overkill pulling up to the spa located next to Walmart in a limo. Ben got propts for the idea though.

But it didn't end there. Once I lazily drove home from the spa feeling as relaxed as one person could possibly feel Ben got a babysitter and made dinner reservations for just the two of us. Can this day get any better? So I got all decked out in a dress I have had for over a year but have never worn that just happened to match perfectly with my blue Coach purse and hit the town with my wonderful husband. I was one spoiled little princess and I was loving it!

But it did not end there. After a yummy dinner and a pit stop for a geleto, Ben thought for sure today would be the perfect recipie for some loving and was anxious to get home. It was the prefect recipie however all that pampering wears a girl out and I rolled over and slept like a baby. Sorry Ben maybe on your birthday!

In other news.... we are signing the lease on our new dream house today. I am so excited to move in. I went to the model home the other day to take some measurments and as I was standing in the house I could not believe that I was going to be living there in a few short weeks.

Something I am not excited about lately is my forever growing rear end. I have gained over 5 pounds since the kids have been out of school and all my pants that I finally fit into no longer look so cute with the zipper not able to do up and all. I used to run every day after I dropped the kids at school and I have not done one lick of excercise since school broke in June. So with the lack of excercise one would think that I would be very carefull about what I eat but one would be wrong about that as well. I have been eating every day like it is the last day I am ever going to have food. It is beyond rediculous but I am at the screw it phase right now. There is only two more weeks until school starts so do I start now and try to loose a few before summer ends so I do not have to wear a moomoo to the beach? Or do I live it up for the next two weeks and enjoy the rest of my summer as the fat girl who couldn't sing. I am torn, treadmil or pizza? Crunches or french fries? chocolate or cake? Do you see where i am going with this? I'll be at the coldstone creamery! Moomoo extra large please!

Last night I finally finished all my back load of editing! I have a two week break before my next wedding so I am excited to clean my very neglected house and spend some time enjoying the beach in my moomoo. Cheers to the rest of summer vacation! The kids start back to school on July 30th and I am counting down the days! Corben is very excited to start kindergarten this year and has been practicing his letters and wearing his spiderman backpack around the house. Little cutie!

Well. the house is not getting any cleaner as I sit here so I should go make myself useful. At least I did stick with my commitment to blog more this summer! Aloha!

3 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger L said...

Wow, what an amazing birthday! I cannot believe how wonderful Ben is to you! :) I hope I get the same treatment someday. On working out, I say do just a little so you don't have to feel bad eating what you want. Unless you already don't feel bad, that is! :) I'm already getting excited to see pictures of the new place and all the cute stuff you do to it. Have fun!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Happy birthday sweetie!! I'm glad it was as amazing as you are! I can't believe the kids start school in 2 weeks WOW that is early - and awesome for you. I say live up the summer and work out when they go back : ) !

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Happy belated! I went to the Madonna True Blue concert around 1987. It was amazing! A friend and I went together and spent a few days in Minneapolis.

I've been reading your blog a lot lately. Funny that you've been posting lately too.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home